The Library Card Chronicles

Confessions of a bookworm

Tuesday, April 20, 2004

The Solace of Leaving Early and Neil Gaiman

Finally finished The Solace of Leaving Early. It started off incredibly slow and I really didn't think I would get past it. That and I was not liking the main character at all. About halfway through it started getting better, and by the end of the book I was loving it. I'm glad it didn't turn out to be a waste of time and effort to read. It's funny how some authors get better with time and some get worse.
I re-read Neil Gaiman's The Wolves in the Walls and Coraline. He is amazing. A friend has loaned me Stardust to re-read. I need to scour the used book stores as his are books I need to keep. I don't often re-read books, so I like to have the ones I love around when the urge strikes.