The Library Card Chronicles

Confessions of a bookworm

Friday, March 12, 2004

Bet Me - Jennifer Crusie

I absolutely LOVE Jennifer Crusie. I've read all of her books. And I think this one has been my favorite so far. I did not want this book to end. I literally want to live the book! How insane is that? But seriously this book rocks.

Min Dobbs knows that happily-ever-after is a fairy tale, especially with a man like Cal Morrisey, who asked her to dinner to win a bet. Cal Morrisey knows commitment is impossible, especially with a woman as cranky as Min Dobbs. When they say good-bye at the end of their evening, they cut their losses and agree never to see each other again.

But Fate has other plans, and it'’s not long before Min and Cal are dealing with meddling friends, wedding cake, a jealous ex-boyfriend, Krispy Kremes, a determined psychologist, chaos theory, a frantic bride, Chicken Marsala, a mutant cat, snow globes, two Mothers-from-Hell, great shoes, and more risky propositions than either of them ever dreamed of including the biggest gamble of all--unconditional love.

(synopsis from Jennifer Crusie's awesome website)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home