The Library Card Chronicles

Confessions of a bookworm

Tuesday, March 09, 2004

To Die For

Several weeks ago, I read both Savannah Blues and Little Bitty Lies by Mary Kay Andrews. Both books were excellent. I recommended them to my Mom and she loved them as well. We were both commenting on the Beyond the Grave Chicken Salad that features in the plot of Little Bitty Lies. It sounded really good. So, she was here last week and we decided to whip up a batch. Oh my goodness, it is soooooo good. I couldn't stop eating it. It was bar none the best chicken salad I've ever had. And I've had a lot! So, first chance you get go get both of the books and the make you up some of that chicken salad! (Tip: We only used 4 pounds of chicken and I thought it could use more dressing. So, next time I will either use 3 pounds of chicken or if I am making it for a crowd make up some more dressing. We also left out the nuts and stuff, and divided the salad and only put water chestnuts in half since there is no way I am puttin those nasty things in my mouth!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home