The Library Card Chronicles

Confessions of a bookworm

Saturday, March 06, 2004

Library Jackpot

That's what I hit yesterday evening when I went to get some new books to read. Some days I go in and am lucky to walk out with one or two books. Some days it's 10 or 12. And when it's one or two it really sucks because I read fast, like a book a day (sometimes two or three if they are short and I am bored). I am really thankful for the new online access to the card catalog that our library has because it enables me to seek out books before I even step foot in the library. That and the hold function allows me to get on the list for new books and not have to wait eons for them. Yesterday I was able to go to the library all by me onesies since Mom was here to watch the kiddos so I got to do it the old-fashioned way. I do love wandering the rows. So, yay me, I have books to read for a while. I hope they are all good. I hate when I get books and end up tossing it after a few pages or the first chapter. At any rate, here is the list:

Lost and Found - Jane Sigaloff (I have been waiting months for this one, I had to get it through the interlibrary loan system and it went through 15 before it found it. They usually come from Dallas since it is the closest "big" library. This one is from Phoenix. Maybe I should move there. Great climate and great books!)

We'll Always Have Parrots - Donna Andrews (This is a cute series.)

The Good Wife Strikes Back - Elizabeth Buchan (From the author of Revenge of the Middle-Aged Woman, which I loved.)


Jackie by Josie and Lucy Crocker 2.0 - Caroline Preston (These just sounded good, don't know anything about them.)

Lilies That Fester and Reap a Wicked Harvest - Janis Harrison (I saw Reap a Wicked Harvest in the new book section and it caught my eye as I LOVE mysteries and gardening and unfortunately the library only had one other of the series. I prefer to read the entire series in order.)

Cooking for Harry: a low-carbohydrate novel - Kay-Marie James (I saw this one online somewhere and thought it sounded funny. Everything is low-carb now, even our books!)

And Now You Can Go - Vendela Vida (another one on the new book shelves that sounded good)

Lunch at the Piccadilly - Clyde Edgerton (Know nothing, the jacket caught my eye)

A Love Noire - Erica Simone Turnipseed (Another new one that I had seen something about online and thought I would check out. Don't know anything yet except the pages I scanned sounded good.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home