The Library Card Chronicles

Confessions of a bookworm

Monday, March 22, 2004

Whew

Today has been kah-ray-zee! That's what I get for being gone for a week. So, quick run down of these books I got piled here so I can get them back to the library and pick up my other holds!

P S, I Love You - Cecelia Ahern
This book is SOOO good! I've lucked out lately and have been getting some goodies. This one was both heart-wrenching and funny. Very moving. I can't believe that the author is the 22-year-old daughter of the Prime Minister of Ireland. Very mature writing. I guess that is the mark of a true novelist, when you can't define them by age. Anyway, go get this book and read it! Now!

What She Wants - Cathy Kelly Another excellent read. And another Irish read. I really enjoyed this one and in a way it was surprising because of the way the point of view keeps switching from one character to another. Normally I can't stand that because with most authors you aren't ever clear for a bit who is doing the story telling unless it is explicitly noted. I can't recall if she noted or not who was doing said chapter or whatnot, but I immediately knew which character it was from the tone. It's a fairly thick book, but moves along quickly.

Ahh.. must take break.

And now that I've had a break I am dead tired.
Quick list so I can take them back tomorrow.

The Goddesses of Kitchen Avenue - Barbara Samuel
Excellent

Wurst Case Scenario and Frozen Rodeo - Catherine Clark
I was in the Young Adult section looking for some Judy Blume to re-read and found these two and liked the titles so I thought what the heck. Very cute books that really portray teen angst. Takes me back a few!

We'll Always Have Parrots - Donna Andrews
I could NOT finish this book. Maybe if I had nothing at all left to read I would, but otherwise it hasn't held my interest and I've been trying for over a week. It's going back unfinished.

Spitting Feathers - Kelly Harte
Cute enough book. Don't know that it was worth the $11 I paid for it, so either get it at the library or get it second-hand.

Lucy's Launderette - Betsy Burke
Very much worth the $11! Outstanding book. It's great because I've always wanted to open up something similiar to what they have done, except with books. I'll keep on dreamin'.

The Feng Shui Detective - Nury Vittachi
I haven't got past page 9 on this one, but I suspect it's going back unread. I'm not liking it at all.

Pretending the Bed is a Raft - Nanci Kincaid
So-so. I sent it back without finishing it. Most short story books don't interest me.

Oh, and I read through Trading Spaces: Color! and Martha's Vineyard Houses and Gardens. The Trading Spaces one was ok, was kind of complicated and some of the pictures weren't that great. The Martha's Vineyard one was beautiful and very informative. I've always wanted to go there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home