The Library Card Chronicles

Confessions of a bookworm

Sunday, June 20, 2004

Past Due

So, since I've been back I've been doing more reading than posting. I have a fairly long list of books I've finished. I guess I better get them on here, huh?

Under the Boardwalk - Carly Phillips
Cute as always, good summer read.

The Shop on Blossom Street - Debbie Macomber
The writing in this books seemed kind of, I don't know, stilted? It was a great story, great characters; but, the telling of it was just off.

Olivia Joules and the Overactive Imagination - Helen Fielding
Helen has turned out another one that is destined to make a great film. This book was hilarious. I can't wait to see if they make it into a movie.

To Have and To Hold - Jane Green
I haven't been too impressed with Jane's books lately; but, she redeemed herself with this one. Very well written, funny, poignant.

My Sister's Keeper - Jodi Picoult
Once again, Jodi has taken a tough subject and make it real for us readers. This is a heartrending book. As usual, she put one of those "Oh no she DI'INT" moments in it, that I could have done without, but it's a fantastic novel.

Queer Eye for the Straight Guy: The Fab 5's Guide to Looking Better, Cooking Better, Dressing Better, Behaving Better and Living Better
These guys are so funny, and they really know there stuff. If you have a straight guy in your life, go buy him this book.

Sweet & Crazy - Patty Dann
Exactly what this book is.

Fat Chance - Deborah Blumenthal
I've been trying to get my hands on this book for ages. It was well worth the wait.

The Ocean Between Us - Susan Wiggs
A must-read. Susan Wiggs is always a sure thing.

Dumping Billy - Olivia Goldsmith
Hilarious, as usual. I cannot believe Olivia is gone and we will only have one more of her books. It's tragic.

Monday Mourning - Kathy Reichs
Kathy Reichs is another sure thing. I've read all of her novels and they are the ones that you can't put down until they are through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home