The Library Card Chronicles

Confessions of a bookworm

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Wow, I didn't realize it had been so long since I've updated. Come to find out I've been drafting posts and forgetting about them. So, this one's gonna be fairly long.

A Taint in the Blood - Dana Stabenow
This series is fantastic, although she has changed the way the main character acts in this book and it just isn't the same.

Little Earthquakes - Jennifer Weiner
Was so glad this was finally out! It was worth the wait. Funny, heartwarming, charming as usual.

Under Cover - MaryJanice Davidson
Good enough fluff.

Hot Pink - Susan Johnson
More good enough fluff.

Beach Girls – Luanne Rice
I always enjoy her novels. This one was no exception.

Shem Creek: A Lowcountry tale - Dorothea Benton Frank
I haven'’t been able to finish any of her books since Sullivan's Island. This one was great, I think she is growing as an author and has refined her craft.

August Frost – Monique Roffey
Go get this book now! This was such a fantastic, almost fairy-tale like novel.

Mrs. Hollingsworth’s Men – Padgett Powell
I loved the style of this novel. A must read.

Falling for April – Lisa Plumley
Good enough for fluff.

Big City Junk; Garden Junk; American Junk – Mary Randolph Carter
These are so cool. If you'’re into junk, which I obviously am. I'’ve checked these out several times just to admire the stuff. She is coming out with a new one soon.

The Snow Bride - Debbie Macomber
This is a Christmas romance novel but it is still cute.

Shop till You Drop - Elaine Viets
Very witty.

Here Kitty Kitty - Jardine Libaire
The writing style in this book really appealed to me, I loved the way she put words together.

The Rivals - Joan Johnston
Sometimes I wanted to slap people in this book. Or the author.

Maggie Without a Clue - Kasey Michaels
This is a cute, fun series.

What to Keep - Rachel Cline
This book was rather stiff until the end.

Star - Pamela Anderson
Ok, I got this one for the curiosity factor. I knew it would be crap, and a so-called "thinly veiled autobiography". It's not so thin, that veil. It wasn't horribly bad, mostly due to the ghost writer, I'm sure. It ended rather abruptly, so I am sure they have a sequel in the works. I'll probably skip that one.

Books I couldn’t finish for one reason or another:

Miss Julia Meets Her Match – Ann B. Ross
I’'ve read all of these, but the tone in this one was just too annoyingly goody-goody.

I’d Kill for That: a serial novel – Marcia Talley et al
While this novel had many of my favorite authors, I just couldn'’t get into it as it was far too phony.

Murder List – Julie Garwood
Again, the tone of this book was off. Her writing seems to be declining instead of improving.

The Jasmine Moon Murder – Laura Childs
Just wasn'’t in the mood. Good novel though.

In the Gloaming: stories – Alice Elliott Dark
It is rare that I find a book of short stories that I like all of. I liked most of these, especially the first one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home